Lab Manager: Yongli Bai (Rosemary, Rosy), Ph.D.
Lab management and research activities including cloning, preparation of DNA, RNA and protein, lentiviruses (growth, concentration, titration and infection), cell culture, Western-blot, and PCR.
- Hata H, Mitsui H, Liu H, Bai YL, Denis CL, Shimizu Y, Sakai A. (1998). Dhh1p, a putative RNA helicase, associates with the general transcription factors Pop2p and Ccr4p from saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 148: 571-579.
- Bai YL, Salvadore C, Chiang YC, Collart M, Denis CL. (1999). The CCR4-NOT complex consists of two physically and functionally separated subcomplexes. Mol. Cell. Biol. 19: 6642-6651.
- Bai YL, Giguere V. (2003). Isoform-selective interactions between estrogen receptors and steroid receptor coactivators promoted by estradiol and ErbB-2 signaling in living cells. Mol. Endocrinol. 17: 589-599.
- Bai YL, Yang C, Hu K, Elly C, Liu YC. (2004). Itch E3 ligase-mediated regulation of TGFbeta signaling by modulating smad2 phosphorylation. Mol. Cell 15: 825-831.
- Bai YL, Ye S, Mortazavi R, Campese VM, Vaziri ND. (2007). Effect of Renal injury-induced neurogenic hypertension on NO synthase, caveolin-1, Akt, calmodulin and soluble guanylate cyclase expressions in the kidney. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 292: F974–F980.
- Campesea VM, Sindhu RK, Ye S, Bai YL, Vaziri ND, Jabbaric B. (2007). Regional expression of NO synthase, NAD(P)H oxidase and superoxide dismutase in the rat brain. Brain Res. 1134: 27-32.
- Vaziri ND, Bai YL, Ni Z, Quiroz Y, Pandian R, Rodriguez-Iturbe B. (2007). Intra-renal angiotensin II/AT1 receptor, oxidative stress, inflammation and progressive injury in renal mass reduction. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 323: 85-93.
- Chandramohan G, Bai YL, Norris K, Vaziri ND. (2008). Differential effects of high-salt diet on renal expressions of AT1 receptor, NAD(P)H oxidase, COX-2, MCP-1 and PAI-1 in salt-sensitive and -resistant rats. Am. J. Nephrol. 28: 158-167.
- Bai YL, Sigala W, Adams GR, Vaziri ND. (2009). Effect of exercise on cardiac tissue oxidative and inflammatory mediators in chronic kidney disease Am. J. Nephrol. 29:213-21.
- Bai YL, Jabbari B, Ye S, Campese VM, Vaziri ND. (2009). Regional expression of NAD(P)H oxidase and superoxide dismutase in the brain of rats with neurogenic hypertension. Am. J. Nephrol. 29: 483-92.
- Vaziri ND, Bai YL, Yuan J, Said HL, Sigala W, Ni Z. (2010). ApoA-1 mimetic peptide reverses uremia-induced upregulation of pro-atherogenic pathways in the aorta Am. J. Nephrol. 32: 201-11.